Club Cal Neva Casino
38 E. 2nd St.
Reno, NV 89501
When the Club Cal Neva opened in March 31, 1962, crowds stretched for more than three blocks from the corner of Second and Center streets to see Reno’s newest casino. Traffic was backed up in all directions. At 6 p.m. that day, hundreds of helium balloons, filled with everything from silk stockings to $100 bills, were released.
When the casino opened it occupied the corner of Center and Second streets. It had one coffee shop and two bars, 120 employees and no on-site parking. Breakfast cost 65 cents.
Today, Club Cal Neva occupies a city block between Center and Virginia and Second and First streets. It has a sports book, four restaurants, two delis and nine bars, plus more than 1,500 employees and 1,400 parking spaces in two garages.
The casino has made a number of improvements in the last year from a new lobby and a new sign to new gaming tournaments.
The San Francisco-style lobby was opened in February 2000 on the first floor of the former Wells Fargo building, which was renamed the Chambers Building. The 6,400-plus square foot lobby has marbled walls, floor-to-ceiling windows and a 1933 Franklin automobile on loan from the National Automobile Museum. This February marked the opening of the Nevada Historical Society’s Changing Room with the art of Lew Hymers on exhibit.
Monthly gaming tournaments were initiated in March 2000. A new sign for the top of the Chambers Building was installed in July 2000 and the Cabaret opened.
Remodeling continued in October 2000 with the renovation of 120 hotel rooms and suites, including adding Asian and safari décor in the suites.
Rooms received new carpets, drapes and bedding, televisions, furniture and art.
In February, the casino rolled out 12,000 square feet of new carpet, replacing the black-and-red design that its customers first saw 39 years ago.
- The Club Cal Neva's over 1,300 slots and video poker machines are set in some of Reno's most festive, interactive and exciting slot carousels. By maintaining a constant level of comfort and access to timely items, slot hosts and hostess professionals guarantee the highest amount of excitement available in Northern Nevada.
- If playing cards is your deal, Club Cal Neva offers several areas of ongoing Single or Double Deck 21 while the Club Cal Neva's Poker Room was nominated as one of the top 25 Poker rooms in the nation. Featuring multiple varieties of Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow Poker, Let it Ride and many other Table Games throughout the multi–level casino.
- Often a patron's destination, The Club Cal Neva operates over 14 Race and Sports Books throughout Reno and Nevada. The main Sports Book however, is in the casino and features untold numbers of Professional games, college and sporting events of every kind and are shown on over 160 televisions. From Soccer to Tennis, Hockey, Baseball, Football and Boxing, the Sports book offers traditional wagering as well as Proposition Wagering, Index Wagering and much more.
- Compare Nevada Casinos
- Compare Reno Casinos
- Visit the Club Cal Neva Casino Website
- How's the Weather at Club Cal Neva Casino?
- Find the location of Club Cal Neva Casino on a map (mapquest.com). You can use this link for finding casino location, driving instructions, and other travel related information.
- Did you find what you're looking for? If so, tell a friend, if not, tell us. Remember to bookmark this site so you can come back and see what other Hotel Casinos are available in Nevada.
>> Return to Nevada Casinos Page
>> Return to Compare Hotel Casinos home page
The above information for the Club Cal Neva Casino is updated monthly. For more information on the casino or other travel related information, please contact the casino by using the above phone number or the link to their website. Have a good trip.